2017 Highlights

Saturday, June 02, 2018


I know it's 2018 right now but now that I'm back, I want to write about a few significant things that happened the past year. 2017 was such a good year for me and I want to be able to look back on this in the future to see wassup.

So, 2017 was a very draining year mainly because of school. However, despite that, it was a good time.  I experienced a lot of firsts and met a couple people I know I'd cherish for a long time. Here are my highlights for the year 2017.

I went to a leadership camp in Singapore. Even though a few people were unsure about me going, I'm so happy I didn't let that stop me because this trip was truly the highlight of my 2017. This was also the first time I got to travel without my family which was exciting. In this trip, I met a lot of people from different countries. As well as Trish, who I now consider not only as a best friend but a sister too. I got to meet up a friend from high school that stayed there which was cool. I also met a boy that made me feel things after I guess a looong time of not feeling ~feelings~ #bestnight haha ew. Most importantly, this trip made me realize that I am a beautiful human being who is capable of doing great things even though I'm all sorts of complicated.

This year was the year for my thesis. Which is mainly the reason why this year was draining. In the middle of finishing the RRL, I went to Osaka, Japan with my family to celebrate my mom's birthday. I was doing my thesis on the plane on my dad's iPad since I didn't have my laptop with me because I'm stupid. While we were roaming the streets of Japan, every time I get to stop and sit, I wrote. I felt bad because my partner had to do consultations and other thesis errands alone for a week. I'm super grateful for her even though we had A LOT of fights and misunderstandings. We had to face so many hurdles but I'm proud that we accomplished our research. I could go on and on about my research writing journey but this will do for now.

Okay, this one is sappy so please bear with me. Like I said, this year had a lot of firsts. I experienced my first heartbreak when Timi died. He was my beautiful little baby chihuahua that I loooove so so so much. We got him at this shopping complex in Pasig which is known to be a bad place to shop for pets. I got him anyways because I fell in love with him when I first met him. I already knew he was sick and so I wanted to take care of him. Anyway, If you know me, you know that I rarely ever cry. But the moment I first heard the news that Timi's gone, I immediately broke down and started crying while in the car with my family. I locked myself in my room for days and just cried. I had a class to attend the same week and I looked like trash because it was as if I couldn't function. My heart was just so heavy. Thinking about this makes me emotional rn. Our home felt a little incomplete so we got another chihuahua (Bubu), this time at a better breeder. Bubu's such a funny dog and I love him so much. He is sleeping in my room right now haha.

Whew! Now back to normal. October I went to Cebu with my family and Trish. We went on a tour and we tried to vlog but failed haha. I was sick the whole trip but every night we went out for a few drinks. We met weird people and one was even on his honeymoon and was so weird. This isn't really significant I just wanna include this here so I can look back and laugh just in case I forget lol.

I was getting bored with my life so I decided to put myself out there hahaha. I had my first date with a complete stranger right after Christmas just to spice up my year a bit as it was ending. I am laughing as I write this because this date night was so fun. I invited my two best friends originally to spy on me but for some reason, all of us ended up drunk. We also went back to that boy's place which if you think about it was a stupid move because we didn't really know this guy. Nice. Okay anyway, the highlight of this night for me was when beks helped me with something very very unconventional. I will never forget this night for the rest of my life. These are the times I wish I had a camera following me because this night was truly like a sitcom.

2017 was a really good year for me. I grew so much as a person and learned a lot along the way. I'm happy how it turned out with all the pasabog's and everything else in between. This year is a ride I'd hope my forgetful ass to never forget.

See ya,
D.

PS. Pictures to follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe