Thursday, July 7, 2016

Tips on How to Organize Your Closet!


Hello there, me again!

I don't know what's gotten into me but I've been recently really into organizing my things. I've been endlessly going on Pinterest and looking for ideas and inspiration every night. With that, I'm going to bring you a bunch of ideas I think is really helpful as well as my personal tips. For now, let's talk about closet organization!

First off, for a person who owns and buy so many things, I do not enjoy cleaning and storing my things properly. I only "deep clean" my closet maybe thrice a year. I know, gross. Anyway, last week I cleaned out my entire closet and donated almost a third of my clothes. I threw out a bunch of the unnecessary things I own as well. It took me about 2 days to fully clean out my closet, and it feels so good to finally have an organized closet! Although it may be hard to let go of some things, I promise you, it's going to be worth it.

So here are my lil' tips:

1. Obviously, DECLUTTER. We all know letting go of clothes can be a bit hard and emotional. We all have shirts that look like they're ready to be rugs but we just can't seem to let it go. We also have those clothing items that we tell ourselves to keep just in case it'll fit again, or maybe wear it to a trip and then never actually wear it. My advice to you is to LET GO already!!! I'm sure, you'll be getting more clothes again so it's better to let the clothes go. I mean, more space equals more shopping, am I right, ladies? Anyway, remove those that you know will not fit, will not use, and those that are in a bad condition. Maybe keep 1 or 2 items that are classic. Like, let's say an LBD (Little Black Dress) that is 3 years old. You could never go wrong with LBD's.

2. CUBBIES are amazing. You can make use of them to store anything! You can store clothes, shoes, beauty products, or maybe use some for displays.

3. Get THOSE BASKET/BIN THINGS that you can place inside cubbies for a neater storage. By the way, what do you call these? Looking for a friend. (photos not mine)

3. Maximize space. Make use of some spaces like your "closet floor" or the "closet roof". If you can't tell I'm not amazing at terms. Bare with me, pls.

4. You can color-code your closet or SORT them whichever system works best for you. Personally, I sort them by whichever I use the most. I put the clothes I least wear at the corner and the clothes I regularly wear at my eye-level.

5. If you want extra closet space, use THIN HANGERS. Velvet hangers are amazing--kinda expensive tho.

Here is a Pinterest board I made mainly for closet organization. You can find a bunch of ideas and inspiration here.


As always, thanks for stopping by & take care!

3 comments:

  1. Great tips for organization! I am definitely due for a closet deep clean so I will keep these tips in mind. Also, I am a huge fan of baskets and bins. They are the best for adding small storage spaces! :)
    x0 Brooke
    www.beautydecorandmore.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Bins are just the best! Good luck & have fun on decluttering your closet!

      x, Danielle

      Delete
  2. I really need to get into clearing my closet, you have inspired me to get started :)

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete